The online Respirator Medical Evaluation and Respirator Fit Tester Training processes are provided by Respclearance.com to meet the requirements of OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.134(e).
Respirator Medical Evaluation
Our respirator medical evaluation process is not designed to:
- Determine if the respirator chosen is appropriate for the conditions under which it will be worn or that it will fit properly.
- Evaluate written respiratory protection programs that are developed and maintained by employers in accordance with OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.134(c).
- Determine if an individual employee is fit for duty or able to perform the work required. (In some situations, the PLHCP may ask for an evaluation of fitness for duty based on responses to the questionnaire; however the questionnaire and follow-up questions are not designed for this purpose.)
The employer is responsible for choosing the correct respirator for each job performed by your employees.
If an individual has medical problems that fall outside of the pre-approved structure of this online evaluation, then he or she may not receive a medical certificate from this process. If an individual receives a message that states the he or she cannot be certified through this online application, he or she must notify your respiratory protection program administrator to arrange for him or her to see a PLHCP.
By accepting these terms of service, you are certifying that you have a written respiratory protection program, and that in accordance with 1910.134(e)(5)(iii), you will provide a copy of the program to the PLHCP involved in the medical evaluation process if you have purchased this service. This information will be kept confidential and will be used only as needed to complete a medical evaluation of your employees.
By accepting these terms of service, using this online respirator medical evaluation process, and paying for this service, you are agreeing to the terms of this disclaimer, as well as the legal notices and terms on www.respclearance.com.
Respirator Fit Tester Training
Our respirator fit tester training is:
- Designed to provide training as required by OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, specific training and fit testing for particular respirators may require further training, please consult with the manufacturer and respirator manual.
- Not designed to determine if the respirator chosen is appropriate for the work conditions/exposure under which it will be worn or that it will fit the employee properly. The employer is responsible for choosing the proper model/make/size respirator for each employee, and the proper filter/cartridge(s).
- Not designed to evaluate written respiratory protection programs that are developed and maintained by employers in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134.
- Not designed to determine if an employee is fit for duty, able to perform the work required, or has medical clearance to wear a respirator at work under the OSHA regulations.
- Designed to provide training under OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, however it is the employer's/trainer's responsibility to correctly and completely follow the training provided by Respclearance.com, complete annual training and fit testing for each employee, and diligently oversee the employee's fitting of the respirator during training and fit testing and his or her results during fit testing.
By accepting these terms of service, using this online respirator fit tester training, and paying for this service, you are certifying that you have read and understood the purpose, and the scope and limitations outlined herein.